Sunday, February 13, 2011

For the Lovebirds

One of my best and oldest friends got married this past December. She is also a crafty person, and I love her dearly, so of course she was getting something handmade. I love to stitch projects for special dates like these--whenever I see examples of historical needlework, it's often a sampler or a piece that commemorates a special date. I like to think that the pieces I make will survive that long. Even if it doesn't, it's a nice memento for people to have in their homes. I ordered a kit from Herrschner's that doesn't seem to be available anymore. (I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but I love kits.)

This piece was an adventure because I also learned to frame needlework. A great friend has been framing her own work for years and agreed to show me how. It wasn't as difficult as I had feared. The wedding was in Florida, and I packed it up very carefully in my carry-on luggage. If the security guard thought it was strange he didn't say anything!



I'm very glad I was able to share in this special day, and I wish Jenn and Joey many, many happy years together! Now back to planning my own big day...

No comments:

Post a Comment