Sunday, February 27, 2011

Brattleboro Hat

In between two snowstorms, I finished my Brattleboro hat.


The construction is interesting--first you knit the lower band, then you block it to relax the ribbing. Then you pick up and knit around the top of the band (which I dreaded, but it turned out fine), knit fewer rows than you think you need, decrease at four points around the crown, and then pick up and knit the short button band. I was worried the decreases would look funny, but I think they look fine:



Brattleboro Hat from New England Knits
One skein of hand-dyed, handspun yarn from Woolly Beers Yarn, purchased on last fall's Wool Arts Tour
Size 8 US needles
No modifications




I mostly enjoy winter (yes, even at this point in February), but I'm looking forward to spring, too. Especially getting my garden started again. I miss the smell of dirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment