Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Summer Wardrobe: Wiksten Tank

As part of my plan to sew at least one project a month throughout this year, and as one of my goals to make more of my own clothes and accessories, I decided I wanted to try to make a garment. I am a big fan of Jenny Gordy's blog Wiksten Made and her clothing line, Wiksten, so I was thrilled when she released her Tank Top and Dress pattern.



This is my first sewn garment that fits, and it fits well. I was a little nervous about how the tank would look on me, but I'm thrilled with the fit. I think it's universally flattering and it is so comfortable.



Jenny's instructions were very clear and helpful. There were a couple of times when I wasn't entirely sure what I was doing, but I trusted her directions and did what she told me, and eventually everything became clear. I'm not a very experienced seamstress but I had no trouble following these directions, and I can't praise the pattern the pattern enough.




The adorable pocket detail is one of my favorite parts. I think the fabric is vintage--I got it at a barn sale last summer. I was happy to find such great fabric for this project in my stash.

I'd like to make the dress version, and I also have Jenny's Tova shirt and dress pattern that looks perfect for fall. So much to sew, so little time...

No comments:

Post a Comment