Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween Needlefelts

I know we are in the midst of the Christmas season now, but I thought I would show you my Halloween needle felts anyway.



I was beside myself when I found out that the Spin-Off Autumn Retreat was going to be held in Manchester this year. Called SOAR for short, it's usually out west. I'm pretty sure that it hasn't been in New England in the past 7 or 8 years. I took Spinning on a Drop Spindle with Maggie Casey and it was wonderful. She is a fantastic teacher and a very interesting woman to talk to. I learned so much and feel much more comfortable using a drop spindle. It's great to have learned this portable technique for one of my favorite crafts.

Of course there was a fabulous vendor's market at SOAR, and I behaved myself for the most part but I couldn't pass up these great needle felting kits from Blackbird Crafts Needlefelting (part of the Mocha's Fiber Designs booth; the items are also usually available on Mocha's website). Link
I got all four designs because I couldn't choose between the ghost;



the fabulous cat;


the adorable pumpkin;


and the spooky moon with a bat. Plus, they all look great in a row as a banner!


I like the way they came out, although they don't look like the pictures and that bothered me while I was trying to make them, but I got over it. This was my first time doing flat needlefelting (previously I've made 3D objects like the gnomes), and it was a little challenging but still fun.

Now back to my Christmas knitting and crafting! Several items are gifts, but I will show you things as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment